SANTA'S COOKIE CAKE BARS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS

12.22.2018



A little bit of sweetness in my life, a little bit of chocolate by my side, a little bit of almond is all I need, a little bit of dreamy cookie cake is what I see,... You know the rest of the Mambo, so I've come up with a Christmas-proof cookie car bar recipe containing 9 (not 5, sadly) main ingredients. If you didn't see what I did there I feel sorry for the aunts and uncles at the X-mas dining table whose jokes you'll have to put up with.

All jokes aside, this cooke bar melange is absolutely delish and incredibly sweet. If you're not a sweettooth or you're not into unhealthy, cheat-ish treats, I'd skip this one. However, if you like to spoil yourself once in a while with a little bit of sweetness, I'd give these cookie bars a go. Just my five cents.

BAKING TIME: 25 minutes // SERVINGS: 8 bars // MEAL: snacks

INGREDIENTS

- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tsp each of ginger, cinnamon and allspice
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter (I use Alpro)
- 1/4tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips

STEP-BY-STEP

1. Preheat your oven to 175°C. In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, soda, spices, and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, vegan butter, and almond extract.
2. Add the wet to the dry ingredients, mix well, then add the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter.
3. Line a small baking tray with paper and transfer the batter to the tray.
4. Press the dough down evenly, this works better when your hands are slightly wet. Add more chocolate chips if you fancy.
5. Bake 25 minutes, then leave to cool down for 10 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack. Eat them as a snack or serve hot with ice cream for dessert.


Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© THE KITCHEN MISSES. Design by FCD.